Jr. Development Program Registration is OPENING!
Listowel Minor Hockey’s Return to Play Plan has been approved by the Municipality of North Perth to allow a single parent/guardian per player.
Accordingly, we are going to open up registration for the following groups:
U5 (2016) - $200 – 10 cash calendars will be given out this year to still allow the opportunity to fully recover your fees
U6 (2015) - $200 - 10 cash calendars will be given out this year to still allow the opportunity to fully recover your fees
U7 (2014) - $350 – The $350 is an initial payment, and a final amount will be provided once costs can be ascertained depending on the number of registrants. 5 cash calendars will be given out this year to allow for additional recovery of fees. We have not confirmed whether any additional sponsorship will be in place for this program or not at this point in time.
Registration for U7 will close at 10pm, Sunday October 11, 2020. Registration for U5 and U6 will close Friday October 23, 2020 at 10pm.
Payment can be made by e-transfer to [email protected] . Security question should be “Name of organization?”. Answer should be “Cyclones”. Please remember to note the name of the player(s) so that payment can be traced back to the correct player(s).
The registration form and our formal COVID-19 procedures will be found on the website shortly. Please note the requirements that may be relevant to the registration decision for the program:
1. For a child to register this year, they must be able to stand on their own skates without any aids, and must be able to get up off the ice themselves. This is necessary to ensure compliance with the 6 foot social distancing rule, and is the reason we are only running one level of U5 this year.
2. There is a maximum number of 50 people allowed inside the arena at any time…this includes kids, parents, coaches, and arena staff. Accordingly, once we finish the registration process, we’ll be looking to break out the programs in a ways that allows us to accommodate how many have signed up. Coaches will be limited to 2 total per team, as if we have ~10 kids on a team and split ice (2 teams on the ice), we will be at our attendance cap when factoring in one parent per kid, the coaches, and the arena staff. The team sizes may change slightly depending on actual registration numbers, but the 50 person limit is a hard cap.
3. Kids must arrive at the arena fully dressed, including skates if they cannot tie their own. We are recommending skate guards that can be removed right before going on the ice.
4. An LMHA coach is required to take attendance at the front door of each hockey session, including getting a screening waiver signed for anyone coming into the arena.
5. Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times, including parents in the stands, and kids on the ice. This also means the program focuses will shift exclusively to skills development at this age group to ensure both children and coaches are maintaining this space.
It’s a very different year this year, and we have a lot of additional regulation to comply with that has never been in front of us before, and this will mean we have to find ways to adapt to be in compliance, putting the public health and safety of our program participants at the highest attention level its ever had.
Please feel free to share this note with anyone who may have an interest in one of these programs, or check back regularly at https://listowelminorhockey.ca/ for more information.
Registration Form Link: